Athletics Digital Media and Communications Coordinator
Lake Forest College invites applications for the position of Athletics Digital Media and Communications Coordinator.
Lake Forest College is a highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore with a current enrollment of approximately 1,700 students from over 40 states and more than 100 countries. It is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students and consistently ranked as one America’s top liberal arts colleges. Learn more about the Lake Forest College’s recognition as a top tier college.
The chosen candidate will support the mission of the College and athletic department, which includes intercollegiate varsity athletics, club sports, intramurals, physical education, and recreation. The Athletics Digital Media and Communications Coordinator will work with the senior management team for athletics to develop and implement a comprehensive digital media, communications, and marketing strategy, including website, social media, video, and mobile content creation the Forester Athletic Department. They will play a key role in continuing an established Tradition of Excellence in Forester Athletics - one that embraces community collaboration and fosters student-athlete success in the classroom, in competition, as community members, and in career preparation and post-graduate success.
The College sponsors 25 intercollegiate varsity sport programs with approximately 500 student-athletes competing annually. Lake Forest is a member of NCAA Division III, the Midwest Conference (MWC), the Northern Collegiate Hockey Association (NCHA), the Midwest/Midwest Women’s Lacrosse Conference (MLC/MWLC) and the United States Handball Association (USHA). The College is an affiliate member of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC) for men’s and women’s golf. Learn more about Forester Athletics.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide oversight, operational support, and management of the department’s livestream video production of home athletic events and contests. This includes managing a team of student broadcasters including but not limited to set-up, staffing and production development.
- Execute athletic communication and marketing initiatives, including the daily management of all Forester Athletics social media platforms and the creation of graphic packages and templates.
- Produce, shoot, and edit video content (interviews, highlight reels, features, etc.) to promote Forester Athletics.
- Manage the videoboard, including content production and operation during basketball and volleyball home contests.
- Provide leadership and assistance in the development of communication and marketing plans for internal and external campus stakeholders.
- Assist with producing athletic programs, recruiting materials, feature articles, press releases, news stories, and multimedia content, with a particular emphasis on social media and digital media needs.
- Develop and maintain assigned departmental sponsors.
- Contribute to the day-to-day athletic operations, programming, and events in a manner consistent with the mission, philosophy, and goals of the College/Department and provide administrative staff support as assigned.
- Foster a diverse and inclusive athletic environment and support strong internal and external communication and collaboration regarding Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives and other matters of student-athlete well-being.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Experience working in an intercollegiate athletic department, athletics setting, or related field.
- Highly motivated individual with effective written and oral communication skills who can deliver information in a clear, concise, and articulate manner to multiple stakeholder groups.
- Proficiency with computers and media, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office suite, modern CRM systems, Adobe Creative suite, web streaming and social media platforms, as well as video editing and design skills.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple established communication timelines in an effective manner.
- A collaborative management approach with strong team building and supervision skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of a small liberal arts college environment, NCAA Division III athletics, and the importance of campus integration.
Candidates must submit a detailed letter of application, résumé, and list of at least three professional references. Applications received by June 28, 2023, will receive full consideration. The anticipated starting date for the position is August 1, 2023.
Interested candidates should submit all materials electronically via Athleticsearches@lakeforest.edu
Commensurate with qualifications and experience. Hiring will be contingent on a successful background check and receipt of academic transcripts.
Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.