The Health and Wellness Center is open but all staff are working remotely.*
All phone/video consultations for Counseling must be scheduled
To schedule your Counseling Initial Consultation:
Log into the Lake Forest Student Health Portal
There will be same-day crisis appointments for Counseling Services, however, you will need to schedule a same day appointment.
Call 847-735-5240 (please leave message) or
Health and Wellness Services Hours*:
8:30 a.m.– Noon
1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
*By Appointment Only. There will be no in-person therapy appointments until further notice.
Mental Health Emergencies
(outside of normal business hours M-F 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
Crisis Counselor on Call:
For students residing in the state of Illinois during Spring 2021:
- Counseling Services offers telemental health counseling via telephone or face-to-face video conferencing to currently enrolled Lake Forest College students who meet the eligibility criteria for remote counseling services.
- Prior to beginning telemental health counseling, a student will have an initial phone consultation with a HWC Counseling Services staff member in order to verify their identity, location, and eligibility for telemental health. For those who do not meet the eligibility, the HWC staff member will provide resources and referrals in their community
- Services for students who reside in Illinois:
- Individual therapy
- Couples therapy
- Group therapy
- Crisis Intervention
- On-call emergency consultation
- Outreach & consultation
For students residing outside of the state of Illinois during Spring 2021:
We are not currently able to offer on-going telemental health counseling because of limitations set forth by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
Students who live outside of the state but who would like assistance finding a therapist near them are still encouraged to contact us for assistance with the referral process.
All students can schedule same-day crisis sessions with a therapist by contacting the Health and Wellness Center at 847-735-5240
After business hours, all students can access our Crisis Counselor On-Call crisis phone at 224-501-1621. This phone is for crises only and not a way of calling to schedule an appointment.
Forms to complete:
After scheduling your Counseling Initial Consultation, you will be asked to complete your Initial Consultation Form, Health Consent Form, Communication Preferences and a HIPAA consent form through the
All these forms will be discussing during this first session, and you and your counselor will determine how to best meet your individual needs. Counseling assignments are made on the basis of the immediacy of need, service availability, and eligibility. When a student must be seen immediately, his/her assignment to a counselor is given priority. If you have any questions about your counselor, please discuss them during your assessment session.
- Health Services at Lake Forest
- Counseling Services
- Trauma Resources
- Wellness Wherever
- Nutrition Resources
- Wellness Peer Education Program
- Healthy Relationships
- Financial Literacy – From Backpack to Briefcase
- Athlete Wellness
- The Resiliency Project