All Full-Time Undergraduate Students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). If you are insured by a plan that provides comparable coverage, you can request to waive the 2022-2023 SHIP. The cost for the 2022-2023 Lake Forest College SHIP is $2100.00. Click here for more information.
Steps to Submit a Waiver:
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/LakeForest.
- Log in (if you haven’t already) by following the instructions on the website.
- Click "ENROLL" or “WAIVE” on the Plan Summary tile.
- Follow the instructions to complete the form.
- Save a copy of your reference number.
Please note: Gallagher will audit or verify your waiver request. This is to make sure your insurance plan will cover you when you’re at Lake Forest College. Here’s how the waiver review process works:
- Gallagher Insurance will check the insurance company information you entered on your form to make sure it’s accurate and that your coverage is active.
- Gallagher will verify most waiver requests within 1-2 business days.
- Once Gallagher verifies your coverage, they will email you at the address you provided on your form to let you know if your waiver request was approved or denied. If we deny your request, we’ll tell you why. We’ll also guide you should you wish to revise and resubmit your form and supporting documentation.
- If you have any questions or concerns about this process, please reach out to Gallagher: 800-397-5035.
You will be automatically enrolled in the SHIP if a form is not submitted by the deadline of August 15, 2022.
What changes have been made to the Plan for the 2022-2023 Policy Year?
- A copayment will no longer be applied for Primary Care, Specialist, and OP Mental Health visits. The In-Network benefit will be 80% of the negotiated charge after deductible. The Out-of-Network benefit will be 50% of the Usual and Customary charge after the deductible.*
* The information provided above is used as a general summary of change in benefits. For a detailed plan description, limitations, and exclusions, visit our website.
The Team at Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk
SilverCloud Health For Students with the Student Health Insurance Plan
SilverCloud is a secure, anonymous platform that offers a suite of programs designed to help students think and feel better. Programs are developed by clinicians and address depression, anxiety and stress.
Each program consists of several modules that use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy principles to treat, reduce and alleviate symptoms. Modules contain content, tools, videos, personal stories and activities that will empower you to self-manage your emotional health.
To start on your path to better managing your well being, visit www.SilverCloud.com.
For more information, check out the SilverCloud Health Flyer.
About Gallagher Insurance
Lake Forest College is pleased to partner with Gallagher Insurance as our student health insurance manager. The staff at Gallagher Insurance and the staff at Health & Wellness will assist in answering questions regarding insurance matters. The Health & Wellness Center is located in Buchanan Hall and is open 8:30 to 5:00 during the week during the academic year. Siobhan Michelotti can be contacted at 847-735-5240 during these hours.
Gallagher Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency specializing in student insurance. Gallagher combines an in depth knowledge of state insurance regulations with years of experience in the health care and insurance industry to customize student medical insurance plans to address the unique needs of Lake Forest College students
- Contact Us
- Health Services at Lake Forest
- Counseling Services
- Clinical Training
- Trauma Resources
- Wellness Wherever
- Nutrition Resources
- Healthy Relationships
- Financial Literacy – From Backpack to Briefcase
- Athlete Wellness
- The Resiliency Project
- Outreach Services
- Meet Our Staff