The Writing Center is offering remote peer tutoring during the 2020-2021 school year. Please refer to the Writing Center scheduler in the "Make an Appointment" tab to the left for available times. All appointments will be over Zoom, and tutors will send the link near the appointment time listed in Central Standard time.
We provide Lake Forest College students with free tutoring and resources for every stage of the writing process. Our tutors are excited to be your writing partners!
What We Offer:
- Free, one-on-one, remote tutoring sessions
- Personalized writing strategies based on your needs
- Strategies for multilingual writers
- Free resources online and through a tutor
- Client-focused practice supporting writers at any level and any stage of the writing process
- Over a dozen trained student tutors with appointments available throughout the week
- Three types of appointments—as-needed, weekly, and office hours for FIYS classes
Make an appointment through the online scheduler.
To schedule a weekly appointments, fill out our Self-Assessment Form.
Due to the remote semester, walk-in hours cannot be offered.
Lower level of Hotchkiss Hall and Zoom
We are elevator-accessible and have different tutoring spaces available to meet a variety of needs. Please let us know if there is something we can do to make your appointments more accessible. Contact Kate Oakley at firstname.lastname@example.org or (847-735-5233).