Information Technology Services (ITS) is located in the Donnelley and Lee Library.
The Help Desk at 847-735-5544 and firstname.lastname@example.org is your primary point of contact for any technology-related issue. The Help Desk team works closely together to assess and channel requests to the right person to help. The Help Desk is available (during the academic year) Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. There is additional limited service Monday–Thursday, until 8 p.m. during the academic year.
During the summer the hours are Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The Help Desk can assist you in a variety of ways including:
- fixing computers/printers/hardware that are not working properly
- fixing network/email access problems
- resetting passwords
- installing computers and helping you configure them
- answering MS Office and Outlook questions (For example, “How to I format a header in Word?” “My Inbox list appears random rather than being listed by time received. Can this be changed?” “Why can’t I login to my email account?”).
Beyond the standard technical support services, the Help Desk coordinates with User Services and Academic Technology professional staff to provide:
- software training for faculty, students, and classes
- support for using Moodle, our course management system, for class activities online
- project planning and development for technology in teaching and learning
- assistance implementing technology grants
- consultation on future hardware/software purchases and budget requests
- working with academic-specific programs.