Lake Forest College welcomes all students to its campus, regardless of citizenship or residency status, as part of our mission to embrace diversity. This page provides resources and information for students who are undocumented, DACA recipients, and/or from mixed immigration status families.
- The Office of Intercultural Relations: our office is committed to supporting students who are undocmented, DACA recipients, and/or from mixed status families. Stop by our office or send us an email to chat with us and learn more about what we can do to support US!
- The Health and Wellness Center: set up a medical or counseling appointment, attend a Let's Talk group session, find resources to support your mental health, and reach out to learn more about the College's health insurance plan (all full-time undergraduate students are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan).
- The Career Advancement Center: meet your career advisor and find support finding internships, developing career skills, and more!
- The Office of Financial Aid: have a question about the Illinois RISE Act/Alternative Application for Financial Aid, FAFSA, or other financial aid concerns? The Office of Financial Aid can help!
- Campus Clubs and Organizations: Find a club or organization that interests you and join their events!
- Social Justice Resources on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Intercultural House
- International Student Resources
- Success and Support
- First Connection
- Undocumented Students
- Signature Events
- Student Leadership
- Institutional Diversity
- Bias Incident Response Process
- Meet Our Staff
- Intercultural Advisory Group
General Resources for Undocumented Students
- The Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights: https://www.icirr.org/fsn
- Erie House: https://eriehouse.org/our-work/legal-services/
- Mano a Mano Family resource center: https://mamfrc.org/Engaged-Citizens
- Coalition for Immigrant mental health directory (updated 2021) https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iISaaxdlN9kXfAOjzRIPGfurfXZcZISF/view
- The Circle Resource Center: https://thecircleresourcecenter.org/programs/
- Illinois Know Your Rights: https://e2a3fb6c-c4a7-47af-b216-39bdbe5045b9.filesusr.com/ugd/0d8f89_cf438a7ca9b149aa96284be7198f7f93.pdf
- Best Colleges guide for Undocumented Students: https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/undocumented-students/college-guide/
- Supporting and Protecting Undocumented Students by Accredited Schools Online: https://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/supporting-undocumented-students/
- Navigating life after college: https://www.marquette.edu/diversity/documents/undocuguide-life-after-college-guide.pdf
Career Preparation Resources
Set up an appointment with our Career Advancement Center here.
Find a short summary of post-graduation pathways for undocumented students here.
- Life After College Guide for Undocumented Students: https://immigrantsrising.org/wp-content/uploads/Immigrants-Rising_Life-After-College.pdf
- Income and Career Alternatives for Undocumented Students: https://immigrantsrising.org/resource/income-and-career-alternatives-for-undocumented-students-webinar/
- Internships and Fellowships (national level): https://www.bestcolleges.com/resources/undocumented-students/internships-and-fellowships/
- Join a network for Undocumented students: https://mydocumentedlife.org/2016/09/22/join-the-undocuundergrads-national-network/
- Presentation on careers for students without work authorization (p. 9): https://www.thedream.us/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/NACE-2022-Career-Pathways-for-Undocumented-Students-Final.pdf
Scholarships for Undocumented Students and DACA Recipients
For more information, reach out to our Office of Financial Aid.
- Read more about the Alternative Application for Illinois Financial Aid
- Learn about the Illinois Dream Fund Application (Scholarship): https://www.ildreamfund.org/2022app
Being an Ally for US
Sign up for our Undocumented Student Allyship training, coming soon!