Find information on how to connect with Career Pathway communities, Handshake, and your career advisor.
Schedule an appointment
You can also visit Career Express Advising in the Mohr Student Center Mondays-Thursdays from 11a.m.-1p.m.
Join a Career Pathway
Career Pathways are specialized communities that help you match your interests with career preparation opportunities. Each Pathway has its own personality and unique events. Pathways are often, but not always, correlated to your major. You can join one or all five:
- Business, Finance, and Data Science
- Creative Arts and Communication
- Law and Public Service
- Science and Health Care
- Build Your Own
To join a career pathway, fill out this form—you will receive notifications about upcoming events and job and internship opportunities. View your current pathway by viewing the “Labels” section in your Handshake profile.
Connect with employers, find resources and more on Handshake
Log in to Handshake: your one-stop career services resource!
Lake Forest College uses Handshake, the leading career platform used at over 500 colleges and by more than 300,000 employers, including the Fortune 500, startups, nonprofits and more. On Handshake you can
- Make an appointment with your career advisor
- View and RSVP for upcoming events
- Find jobs and internships using powerful search tools
- Connect with employers and get messaged by recruiters
- Receive personal job and internship recommendations based on your interests, skills, major, location preferences and search history
- Find resources such as our Job Search Guide for International Students, Resume and Cover Letter Templates, Interview Questions and Answers, an Informational Interview Guide and so much more!
Current students already have an account. Log in using your Lake Forest College credentials. Visit lakeforest.joinhandshake.com to complete your profile and put your best self forward to employers!
Find a part-time job in the community using QuadJobs
Create an account on QuadJobs.com to see household and other part-time positions such as babysitting, tutoring, helping at parties, running errands, and moving furniture.