Welcome to the Quantitative Resource Center!
We are glad you are interested in working with us. The QRC is made up of a team of dedicated people who are here to help students succeed in their course work.
The whole QRC staff is here to help you improve and progress as a tutor in both strategies and technique. The more involved you are in the Center, the more you will benefit from working here.
Before you apply, do you:
- have a 3.25 cumulative GPA or better?
- have a minimum grade of A- in each course you are interested in tutoring?
- have a clear conduct record - no exceptions
- possess strong communication skills in order to articulate appropriate suggestions for improvement to clients?
- consider yourself trustworthy, reliable, patient, and detail-oriented?
- feel capable to work independently and to take initiative in fulfilling responsibilities?
- have room in your schedule to work a minimum of six hours per week?
If this sounds like you, we would love to talk with you more about joining our team! Please contact Julia Berkowitz to apply to become a tutor.
- QRC tutors work one-on-one with students and provide support service in a broad range of academic disciplines including but not limited to: biology, chemistry, econ, math, physics, psychology.
- Tutors may also be asked to work regularly with students who speak English as a second language or students with special needs or circumstances.
- Help the Director and Coordinator with administrative tasks and special projects, as needed.
Questions about tutoring?
Hotchkiss Hall Lower Level