Physical activity is one of the very best things that you can do for your health. When combined with healthy eating, you can look and feel better today as well as safeguard your health for tomorrow.
Long term and short term health benefits to exercise include:
- Keeps you at a healthy weight
- Keeps you emotionally healthy
- Lessen feelings of depression and anxiety
- Improves sleep quality
- Lowers risk for heart disease, stroke, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, back pain
- A stronger heart
Not only does exercise improve health and physical well being, but it will also make you feel better about your body and yourself, increase muscle tone, improve your mood, clear your head, and help you to concentrate on schoolwork.
- Physical Activity Guidelines for Adults
- Fitness Tools And Calculators
- Making Time For Exercise
- Tips for Exercising In The Cold Weather
- A Walk A Day
Mental Health Emergencies
(outside of normal business hours M-F 8:30am-5pm)
Contact Lake Forest College Mental Health Support 24/7:
Christie Campus offers Wellness Hub that provides easy access to mental health, wellness information and resources.