Before scheduling an event, please check the campus calendar and religious holidays to ensure you are avoiding conflicts.
College events are broken down into two audiences, public and internal.
- Appear on the main calendar of events: Lake Forest College Calendar
- These include front-facing events that may interest or serve the community beyond the College.
- These events also serve to showcase the life and appeal of the College to prospective students (and parents)
- Events in this category include lectures, art galleries, concerts, athletic events
- Appear on the intranet, ForesterNet
- These events are specific to current students, faculty, and staff.
- Events in this category include workshops for faculty, networking opportunities, informational sessions
Digital Marketing and Content Specialist
Important Event Details
- Name of event
- When (Date and time)
- Where the event takes place (online or physical location. We do not post zoom links)
- Information – Who is hosting? Who is it for? What is it about? OCM will use this info to create an event description if one is not provided.
- Any images or posters. PDFs can be included in the event, but can not be used for a photo. Please send .png or .jpg versions along with any PDFs.
Where events appear online
- Public events – Calendar of Events (COE) on lakeforest.edu and ForesterNet
- Office of faculty development events – ForesterNet and OFD page event trays
- Admissions – on the admissions pages and respective applicable subpages
- Departmental events – on department page (if applicable)
- Athletics – COE
- Others on a case-by-case basis