The Service Desk team works closely together to assess and channel requests to the right person to help. Some of the basic assistance they offer includes:
- fixing computers/printers/hardware that are not working properly
- fixing network/email access problems
- resetting passwords
- installing computers and helping you configure them
- answering basic MS Office and Outlook questions (For example, “How to I format a header in Word?” “My Inbox list appears random rather than being listed by time received. Can this be changed?” “Why can’t I login to my email account?”).
Beyond the standard technical support services, the Service Desk coordinates with User Services and Academic Technology professional staff to provide:
- software training for faculty, students, and classes
- using Moodle, a course management system, for class activities online
- project planning and development for technology in teaching and learning
- assistance with small technology grants for such projects
- consultation on future hardware/software purchases and budget requests
- working with academic-specific software applications and solutions.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Phishing Warning
Acceptable Use Policy (pdf)
Email Account Policy (pdf)
Password Policy (pdf)
Connecting to Network Storage
These instructions show how to access your network storage folder from a computer on or off campus.
Remote Desktop Instructions
Panopto Videos Site for viewing and editing videos made with Panopto Recorder. Login required.
Panopto Setup and Installation
Recording with Panopto (Windows)
Recording with Panopto (Mac)
Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware software (NOTE: must log into my.lakeforest to access this page)
VPN Software (password required)
Faculty and Staff may install Virtual Private Network (VPN) software on their personal computers. After using the above link you will have the OpenVPN Client installed and can always launch the VPN from the client on your computer.
ITS Service Desk
On campus: x5544
Off campus or cell phones: