Becoming a Resident Assistant (RA) at Lake Forest College is considered one of the premier student leadership positions any student can hold during their time on campus. RAs serve in a variety of roles, such as community builders, referral agents, and emergency contacts. If you enjoy interacting with peers, lending a helping hand, and being seen as a resource then we encourage you to consider applying to be an RA!
Resident Assistant Positions
A job description for the position can be found here.
RA Info Session
Anyone interested in being an RA is encouraged to attend an info session, but it is not required. You’ll have a chance to get details about the interview process and the role in general from professional Residence Life staff and current RAs!
- Wednesday, February 24th at 11:30 a.m. https://lakeforest.zoom.us/j/98634923133
- Monday, March 1 at 6:30 p.m. https://lakeforest.zoom.us/j/5250959936
- Thursday, March 4th at 2:00 p.m. https://lakeforest.zoom.us/j/5461605958
RA Selection Timeline
Resident Assistant Application will be open from February 22, 2021, to March 8, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
Ready to fill out the application? Click here! The deadline for the Resident Assistant Applications is March 8.
First Round Interviews will take place early Spring semester.
First Round RA Interview Day will take place Monday, March 15, 2021.
What are the application requirements?
- Must have completed at least 4 credits at Lake Forest College by the time of appointment (before Fall 2021).
- Must have completed at least one semester of on-campus living by the time of appointment (before Fall 2021).
- Full-time student status (currently and throughout employment period)
- A cumulative and semester G.P.A. at or above a 2.5 (throughout the application process and while employed as an RA)
- A conduct record that is consistent with positive community living
Need More Information?
Please contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com