BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY:
The Endpoint Administrator is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of endpoints in use by faculty, staff, and students. This position tests, installs, and deploys multiple operating systems using industry standard tools, while maintaining an appropriate balance between security and usability. This position requires a firm commitment to providing exceptional customer service, the ability to effectively prioritize, and strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
The ideal candidate thrives in an environment of mutual esteem, trust, sincerity, and responsibility, working with faculty, staff, and students from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use tools like Microsoft Intune, Jamf Pro, scripting, automated reports, and similar solutions to manage the state, security, availability, and upkeep of laptops, desktops, tablets, and other devices used by faculty, staff, and students. This includes the review and recommendation of new technologies and solutions.
- Use the department ticketing system to track the progress of service requests, as well as to communicate with faculty, staff, and students on the status of their requests.
- Maintain user level account systems to ensure appropriate access to devices and services.
- Provide advanced level troubleshooting for hardware and software issues, including interfaces with external devices (docking stations, printers, digital displays, scanners, scales, microscopes, etc) as well as standard office applications, printer setups, etc. often in collaboration with other team members.
- Write, update, and maintain technical documentation.
- Keep abreast of current issues and trends via industry articles, vendors, peer groups, experts, etc.
- Provide backup support for Service Desk activities and computer refresh program.
- Oversee, mentor, and train student employees.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and attend College required training. Regular attendance is required. Work in a manner that is aware of personal safety and the safety of others and observes safety, health and sanitation codes, regulations, or practices required by the College or governmental authority.
- Supervision is received from the Assistant Director of User Experience.
Up to 10 student employees.
- A two-year degree in a computing-related field
- Some experience providing support for endpoint devices, including maintenance of operating systems and security
- Experience using SCCM, Intune, and/or Jamf Pro
- Experience using next generation endpoint protection tools
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Expert knowledge of Windows and MacOS operating systems.
- Expertise with Android and iOS devices, including, tablets and smartphones.
- Excellent communication, time management, and customer service skills.
- Commitment to providing excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the mission and traditions of the College.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated experience providing desktop and user support.
- Industry certifications for software/hardware maintenance and support (i.e. CompTIA, Apple, Google).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Meticulous follow up and documentation abilities
- Ability to multitask, meet specific deadlines, and prioritize tasks and assignments.
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to Melissa Norris at email@example.com. Include “Endpoint Administrator” in the subject line. No calls please.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. Lake Forest College is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest, with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.