6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Are you Career-Ready?
Join us Thursday, March 23 from 6-8:30p.m. for the can't-miss career event of the season to jumpstart your career readiness: Career-A-Palooza! ✨ Pick your favorite sessions and join alumni, your CAC team, and other professionals to learn expert tips and build real skills you can use whether you are just getting started applying for a job or internship or are figuring out what you want to do after graduation.
- See the full list of session details below and register for each session you would like to attend on Handshake.
- The doors open at 5:30p.m. in Lillard Science Center's lower level with festival snacks, games, live raffles and giveaways, a photo booth, and more! Get your professional profile photo taken for LinkedIn at our Forester Career Closet pop-up as well as strike a pose with a fun Career-A-Palooza-themed photo booth.
- Win prizes prizes by attending! At each session you will have the chance to WIN Forester swag, t-shirts, candy, and more! As a special bonus challenge, students who attend 3 sessions are entered to win the raffle for the GRAND PRIZE raffle basket including Apple AirPods OR Beats Solo Pro headphones and premium Forester gear.
Register on Handshake for each session you are interested in:
EVENT KICKOFF: 💼 A Day in the Life of a Professional in the 2023 Workplace | 6-6:45p.m., McCormick Auditorium: An interactive panel session featuring alumni who have successfully navigated their early career paths and are now thriving professionals in the 2023 workplace.
7:00-7:45p.m. | CHOOSE 1:
- 💪 Professionalism in Practice: Adulting on the Job | Lillard 048: Want to learn more about career professionalism? You're in the right spot! Come learn more about professional communication skills (with an access to career vocabulary), time management skills, workplace attire and etiquette, and much more. Be ready to engage with other students and take-part in friendly, hand-on activities to up your professional game!
- 🎨 Let Your Passions Be Your Guide (to Your Future Career): Your Liberal Arts Advantage | Lillard 044: A panel discussion with current students who will share how they are following their passions to guide them toward future careers. Reflect on your own passions and how you might connect those to the world of work, and learn about CAC resources that can help you feel confident with taking your next steps!
7:50-8:30p.m. | CHOOSE 1:
- 🗪 Polishing Your Interview Skills | Lillard 044: If you have never had an interview yet or went on one but didn't get an offer, then this is the workshop for you! Come and learn what to do before, during and after an interview to make yourself stand out. You will also learn how to respond to behavioral-based questions. During the session you will be paired with a partner to practice interviewing and receive feedback so you get hired!
- 🤝 Networking Should be Fun! | Lillard 048: In this immersive workshop, attendees will revisit key networking concepts to boost self confidence and presentation skills. By utilizing some core facets of applied improvisation, participants will take part in a series of collaborative exercises that are both fun and challenging. All skill levels can participate, no experience needed. Come ready to move and get involved, leave with insights and new tools to navigate future networking events and more! Space is limited. The first 40 students in the door get in!
On Campus Disability Accommodations:
Contact Kara Fifield at 847-735-5167 or email@example.com at least 72 hours in advance.