NOTE: If you are accessing your storage from off campus, you’ll need to install the VPN client on your computer and establish the VPN connection. If you are on campus including in your office or in a campus location connected to the Lake Forest College network, you may skip this step.
- Click start, Right-click on “Computer” and select “Map network drive”.
- Select an available drive (such as “U” or “V”).
- To access your personal network storage, type in type in \\elite.lakeforest.edu\facstaffhome$\yourusername for the folder or address.
- To access departmental or global network storage shares, type in type in \\elite.lakeforest.edu\facstaff$ and you will be able to access the Deparments and Global Shared folders.
- Click on the link that says “different user name”
or click “Connect using different credentials” and click Finish.
- For “User name” enter lakeforest\yourusername.
- Enter your password and click OK.
- Click Finish.
If you are on a public work station in the reference area of the library, when you are done, be sure to right-click “Computer” and select “Disconnect network drive.”
- Go to the Dock and click on Finder.
- Click Go and select Connect to Server.
- To access your personal network storage, type in type in smb://elite.lakeforest.edu/facstaffhome$/yourusername
and then click Connect to Server.
- To access departmental or global network storage shares, type in type in smb://elite.lakeforest.edu/facstaff$ and you will see be able to access the Departments and Global Shared folders.
- At the next window enter LAKEFOREST for the Workgroup or Domain, and then your user name and password.