In This Section:
Install Panopto and Sign In
- To download Panopto, open Play Store and search for Panopto.
- Select Panopto, and tap on Install to install the app to your Android device.
- Find the Panopto icon on your device’s screen and tap on it to open.
- Enter your College email address in the bar and click Next.
Note: You may enter your email address either with or without the “mx,” (e.g., email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Panopto will take you to the Lake Forest College Panopto site. At the College site, you will log on through Moodle. Tap on the red Sign In button.
- Enter your Moodle user name and password. This is the same password you use to login to your College email and to my.lakeforest. Press Sign in.
After you log in, you will see a list of all video sessions available to you.
If you encounter problems logging in, be sure to check that you are using the right username and password (this is the same username and password you use to login to my.lakeforest and Moodle) and try again. It is recommended that you refresh the login screen before trying again. Any persistent issue should be reported to the Service Desk at email@example.com or extension 5544.
Record a Video
- Before you begin, you should:
- Be sure your phone is fully charged or you are connected to a charger while recording.
- Verify that you have enough space on your device to store a video of the length you plan to record.
- Connect to WiFi so uploading to Panopto will go much more quickly. You can find information about how to connect to the College’s wireless network at http://www.lakeforest.edu/offices/it/network.php.
- Open the Camera app and select Video to see the record button. If you are recording yourself, tap
to switch between the front-facing and rear cameras. Otherwise, be sure the subject you are recording is clearly visible on the screen. When you are ready to record your video, press the record button.
- Press the stop button when you are finished.
- After your video is recorded, you can rename the recording to match what your instructor has asked for your assignment.
Go to your Gallery or Album containing your video and select the recording. Press MORE in the upper right corner of the video and select Details.
Press Edit in the upper right corner to edit the title of your recording.
Once you are done, press Save. Double check the properties to make sure that everything is correct.
Upload Your Video
- Before you begin, you should:
- Be sure your phone is fully charged or you are connected to a charger while uploading.
- Connect to Wi-Fi so uploading your recording to Panopto will go much more quickly. You can find information about how to connect to the College’s wireless network at http://www.lakeforest.edu/offices/it/network.php.
- For Android, you will upload your video from your device after it has already been recorded and saved. To do so, click the upload button. It looks like a cloud with an up arrow in it.
- Select the folder where you want to upload your video.My Folder is personal storage space. Videos you store in My Folder are can only be seen by you.
Tap on the drop down menu to see the folders you have available to you. Any folder for class assignments will be listed here. The folder where you need to upload your file will be labeled with the course name and name of the assignment as given to you by the instructor.
For example, if the name of your course was “Test Course”, you would upload your recording to the “Test Course assignments” inside the “Test Course” folder.
- Once you select the course and the assignment, it will show as the selected destination in the dropdown.
Double-check the name of your assignment to make sure the selection is correct.
- Now, choose the video that you would like to upload. Tap on the Choose video or audio files button.
- Find the file on your device. If you just recorded the video, it will likely appear under the default Recent If you do not see it there, you can browse by tapping the menu to the left of Recent. In this example, the desired video upload is “Library walk” in the Recent folder. In order to upload it, tap on the name of the file.
After selecting the file, it will begin uploading and you will see the Uploading mediastatus as the file is processed. Once the video successfully uploads, delete it from your mobile device in Camera the camera or Gallery.
When it says complete, the video will be available to you and your instructor for viewing.
Back to Top