Connecting to ForesterNET, our wireless network
- On your device, chose ForesterNET when choosing a WIFI network to join. Once joined to ForesterNET, a registration page will appear. If the registration page does not open, you can open a web browser and go to lakeforest.edu.
- On the Network Registration page, click on the Username/password login button, then accept the terms of service for ForesterNET.
- Enter your Lake Forest College username and password and click submit.
The next page will show a progress bar while your access to ForesterNET configures.
ForesterNET allows a maximum of six registered devices to your student account; this includes your computer, phone, and entertainment devices you might have.
Some devices may not be able to access the registration page
Xbox, PlayStation, and streaming devices are some examples.
For those devices:
- Open a web browser on your computer or phone and go to:
- Accept the terms of service for ForesterNET and login with your Lake Forest College username and password.
- Once logged in you will need to input your device’s MAC address; consult your device’s instruction manual for locating its MAC address.
If you reach your limit of six registered devices:
- Go to lakeforest.edu/status to unregister old devices.
- Accept the terms of service for ForesterNET and login with your username and password.
- Once logged in you will see a list of currently registered devices.
To unregister a device you click on the “unregister” button next to the device.
If you have any trouble connecting a device to ForesterNET, you can get assistance through the Help Desk by phone at 847-735-5544 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: Please be aware that if you are living on campus you’ll be in a dense residential environment; devices that work fine at home sometimes cause interference and connectivity issues and their use is strongly discouraged. If you have one of the devices listed below in operation and it is found to be creating network interference, you will be asked to remove it:
- Wireless printers (including AirPrint/ePrint models)
- Apple TimeCapsule or other wireless Hard Drive/Backup device
- Personal wireless access points, routers, base stations
- Any device advertised as using 2.4ghz or 5ghz wireless
ITS Help Desk
On campus: x5544
Off campus or cell phones: