Internet and Computer Requirements
You will need reliable and consistent Internet access (WiFi or wired) that is strong enough to participate in video Zoom sessions and stream video recordings from a computer.
Please see this document to learn more about how to reduce problems staying connected to Zoom meetings and to improve the quality of the meeting.
- Ideally, the computer should be equipped with a microphone and camera that is either built-in or externally connected through USB or Bluetooth.
- If no camera and microphone capabilities are available through the computer, a mobile device with those capabilities can substitute.
Note: A mobile device will allow you to communicate with your professors and other students and to review information on Moodle, but they will not, in most cases, be sufficient to complete your coursework.
Please email the Help Desk with any concern you have about your ability to access a computer or the Internet to complete your coursework.
Professors will use Moodle to share course materials and manage assignments and exams. Login to Moodle at https://moodle.lakeforest.edu to see the latest updates for your classes. If you have difficulty accessing materials in any of your courses, reach out to your professor right away.
Moodle has recently been updated to provide a great learning experience for students.
- Learner Orientation to Moodle - Overview Moodle course introducing students to working with class assignments and other resources within Moodle. This short video introduces students to how to locate and view courses in Moodle.
- Moodle Mobile App - Directions for downloading and installing the Moodle mobile app.
- Working with Panopto - Device overviews, student FAQ, and video guides about how to record and upload videos and presentations for class assignments
- Accommodations - If you need accommodations in terms of due dates, quiz times, or accessibility concerns, please contact Kara Fifield, Director of Disability Services.
- Help - Contact the ITS Help Desk about any problems you encounter.
All students have access to a Pro-level Zoom account for this semester. Zoom is used for remote access to class meetings, for faculty office hours, and for group activities.
- Student Zoom Accounts - Instructions for setting up your Lake Forest College Zoom account and downloading the desktop application to join and host meetings.
- Install Zoom on iOS - Instructions for installing the Zoom app on iOS devices.
- Install Zoom on Android - Instructions for installing the Zoom app on Android devices.
- Improve the Qualtity of Zoom Meetings - Best practices for optimizing your Zoom experience and for troubleshooting problems with Zoom meeting connections.